TOP TEN TUESDAY: 2014 Releases I Meant To Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
This week's theme is Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To.

Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang - Epic Reads' Tea Time has been largely to blame for the majority of books I hear about, and put on my TBR list. This is one of the books.

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch - Epic Reads again. I actually have this currently checked out from the library. I better get to this before I have to return it.

The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey - I'm slightly embarrassed that I haven't read this, because I loved the first book, The 5th Wave, so much that as soon as I finished it I pre-ordered the next one. 

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige - I bought this pretty cheap at BJ's wholesale the week that it came out. I also heard about this because of Epic Reads. 

Hollow City by Ransom Riggs - I need to know what happens. I plan on buying it when the paperback is released next month.


I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson - I bought this a couple weeks after it was released, and I've only heard amazing things about it. I don't know why I haven't gotten to this sooner.

Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott - I purchased this on my kindle. The premise of the story is what intrigued me for this one. Pokemon plus Hunger Games? Yes, please.

Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson - Epic Reads once again.

Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid - I saw this at BookCon, but didn't pay it any mind. Then I heard it being compared to Paper Towns by John Green, which immediately peaked my interest.

Cress by Marissa Meyer - I've read the two first books in the series. While I loved Cinder, I didn't really enjoy Scarlet as much, but pretty much anyone who has read Cress says it's their favorite in the series. Winter, the fourth and final book in the series, is coming out towards the end of this year. Also, the prequel to the series, Fairest, is out at the end of the month.

8 comments

  1. I read CRESS and loved it (just like I've loved all the books in the series). I gave up on DOROTHY MUST DIE halfway through because the book was just annoying me. Most of your other picks are on my TBR mountain -- I'll get to them all someday!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read Cress very soon. Dorothy Must Die seems like a book that people either love or hate. There isn't much in between. I guess I'll just have to see.

      Delete
  2. LET'S GET LOST!! READ IT. :) I like that one. Personally, I didn't like Dorothy Must Die. I though the idea was really cool but the execution was horrible and it just ended up annoying me. But I hope you get to both of them!
    Stefani @ Caught Read Handed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was afraid I wasn't going to like Dorothy Must Die after reading the prequel, No Place Like Oz. It took me so long to read for a novella. I ouldn't get into it. I guess I'll just have to see when I get to it.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of the books listed on your top ten (shameful, i know), but I've seen Falling Into Place and I'll Give You the Sun listed a couple of time in othef blogs' top ten. Both books seems interesting, I definitely have to give it a try! :)

    Great list, Emma <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did manage to read Dorothy Must Die but several others here are on my TBR (especially Snow Like Ashes) and the Lunar Chronicles is a series I hope to start this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been seeing Snow Like Ashes on a lot of people's TBR. I'm hoping to get to it soon.

      Delete